Lyoness SCAM. STAY AWAY.

I am a gold member of lyoness. Lyoness is a true scam. I can responsibly tell you this. STAY AWAY FROM LYONESS. Do not ever buy gold membership. I am going to tell you why.

First of all, I just spoke with their representative on the phone. They officially confirmed to me that all the discounts that you get in a form of cash back to your account are only redeemable towards purchases through Lyoness. You will never get any real money from them. I called to find out how to withdraw the accumulations in my cash account. They said - only by purchasing vouchers. Period. This means the stories of people making large amounts of money monthly are simple lies. Anyone who states otherwise is either a dreamer or is paid by Lyoness to say so.

Secondly, if you've seen the Lyoness videos, you've noticed that there is a complicated system of units that is very hard to grasp. Why do you think these units were created? Why not just stick with good old numbers - you spend this much, you get this much in cash, this much in bonus, this much in affiliated bonus, whatever else they may offer, everything can be expressed in dollars. No! Lyoness created units for you not to think of numbers. Why? Because if you start thinking numbers, you'll be running away from Lyoness as fast as you can.

Let's translate units into dollars.

When you, being a Lyoness member, make a purchase from a Lyoness merchant, you receive a small discount (0.5% for buying from Coles Express, for example), and a larger loyalty bonus. Of course, knowing that Lyoness charges up to 10% from the merchants, no one would go for 0.5%, so they created a loyalty bonus system. tOn top of 0.5% cash (just discovered that this cash is only redeemable towards purchases from Lyoness merchants), you receive 2-3-5% of loyalty bonus that eventually forms your UNITS. Every time you loyalty bonus accumulates to $75, you get one unit of Accounting Category I (ACI). How much do you have to spend to get an ACI? If you only buy expensive things from merchants Lyoness scammed for a higher discount, you might be able to get a unit by spending $1,500.00. But if you do what Lyoness advertises – “spend money on your everyday needs, just like you always do”, the realistic number will be closer to $2,500.00 You don’t get anything by forming a unit. The first bonus of $675 Lyoness pays you is when that unit “matures”. In order to mature one unit of the Accounting Category I (ACI) and receive $675, your entire lifeline (you, people you subscribed, people they subscribed) has to make purchases for $183,750.00, provided that the your lifeline only loses 5% of the units because of the imbalances. Yes, remember that in order to mature a unit, you have to deliver 70 units under it. 35 above the centreline and 35 below. So, if you have 335 units above the line and only 34 below, your initial unit will not mature until you get one more unit below the centreline. Smart, isn’t it.

Let’s take this number for further calculations. Since you are not allowed to market Lyoness to people you don’t know, and you are only limited to your friends and acquaintances, you can organise them yourself to make large purchases collectively and realise much higher discounts without being a Lyoness member. A 10% discount on total purchases of $183,750.00, which is relatively easy to negotiate these days, is $18,375.00, not $675 generously promised to you by Lyoness.

To mature a unit of the Accounting Category II (ACII), you have to accumulate 60 units of the ACI, so multiply $183,750.00 by 60. You underline will have to spend a total of $11,025,000, to mature one ACII. All for you to receive the most generous bonus of $1,275.00 from Lyoness. When is that going to happen?

To mature an ACIII and proudly receive $2,400.00 from Lyoness. Remember, this is not real money. Only spendable within Lyoness merchant network. So, to mature an ACIII, you lifeline will have to accumulate 50 ACIIs, meaning to spend $11,025,000.00 multiplied by 50 for a total of $551,250,000.00.

To mature an ACIV, your lifeline has to accumulate 25 ACIIIs, so multiply $551,250,000.00 by 25. You lifeline will have to spend $13,781,250,000.00, and you will receive $7,200.00 from Lyoness.

Finally, to mature an ACV and receive $24,000.00 from Lyoness... Wasn't that you goal? Are you ready?... Completely ready? Sitting down, listening to the drum beat, waiting for the number?.........

To mature one ACV, your lifeline will have to accumulate 25 ACIVs, meaning they will have to spend $13,781,250.000.00 multiplied by 25 for a total of $344,531,250,000. Three Hundred Forty Four BILLION, Five Hundred and Thirty One Million, Two Hundred and Fifty thousand dollars spent by your lifeline to receive a generous bonus of $24,000. So, when do you think all your relatives and friends that are *** enough to subscribe for Lyoness membership will spend that much money if they start today?

This is 0.00000007% of a discount. Imagine yourself walking to a local retailer and asking for a 0.00000007% discount on your purchase. (Especially if the purchase is for one third of a trillion dollars) There is no way for you to get that discount without Lyoness, of course.

As internet marketers say, BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE!

So, if Lyoness negotiates a discount of 10% with the merchants, and you only get 0.00000007%, where does the difference go? Oh, yes, you get a regular discount of about 2% that is given to you in a form of cashback and is, by the way, taxable. We are still missing about 8%. Let’s not count 0.00000007% anymore. You’ve got to be Lyoness to call it money. So, on a $344 billion dollar purchase, Lyoness pockets about 8%, which is somewhere in the vicinity of $30 billion dollars. Not that it’s going to happen. All I’m trying to illustrate is that Lyoness gets you to run around subscribing people for 0,00000007% savings (not real money) and they get 8%. Isn’t it a little bit too fat? And if you have so much free time, wouldn’t you be better off just visiting your local stationary wholesaler, buying $10,000 worth of stationary from him at a 20% discount and selling it to the same relatives and friends? You’d make a solid $2000 profit over a school season, and your relatives and friends wouldn’t call you a scammer.

Another thing Lyoness doesn't tell you is that to use their system, you, all the people you refer and all the people they refer will have to permanently change their shopping habits. Have you seen many people happily changing their good lifelong habits over a 2% discount? Well, these are the people you will have to find and subscribe to earn your pennies from Lyoness. Now, if you want to make a little more pennies from Lyoness, these people will have not only change their shopping habits, they will have to be actively running around finding others alike and subscribing them to Lyoness. What a job! What a pay!

Do you buy from Woolworth? Well, forget it. With Lyoness you only earn your bonuses if you purchase from Coles. You probably know, that in most cases you have to purchase vouchers and gift cards of the merchants you want to use before you can get any benefit from Lyoness. That means, you buy a $300 gift card from Coles, wait for a week or two for it to arrive in the mail, and then, every time you walk by your favourite produce shop that's not a part of Lyoness, you have a dilemma. You can go and buy low priced quality produce from your favourite shop or you can buy Coles *** for about 50% more, but you'll get a 2.5% discount. And you will go and buy from Coles because you've already spent this money. That's right. You've already bought the gift card. Whether you use it or not, it is your problem now. Lyoness has already made their money and Coles too.

One of the few freedoms we have left in the modern society is the freedom to buy what you want and to spend your hard earned money the way you want. You don’t vote for the Prime Minister of this country. You don’t vote on carbon tax, bank deposit levy or cigarette tax. You don’t have those freedoms. Yet you still have a freedom to vote for your favourite shop by going there and spending your money. Lyoness takes this freedom away from you. From the moment you join Lyoness, you'll be buying from merchants that pay Lyoness to be in the system. You will have one freedom less. Form many people this is their last freedom.

This all means that you will be running with your tongue on your shoulder subscribing other people (paying $1.5 for each subscription from your pocket, by the way), convincing your friends and relatives to join Lyoness in a hope to get some retirement passive income for yourself, and at the end your entire lifeline, including yourself, will realise that the system is a pure scam. It takes your freedom away; it pays pennies for major inconveniences; and a little bit more pennies for hard work of selling memberships.

Stay away from Lyoness. Spread the world about this scam.

More Review Details

Helpful? 372 Yes 372 608 No 608
Had the same issue 264 Yes 264
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

2 days ago #1108212

Excellent expose of Lyoness and it's modus operandi. Be wary of this company.

Feb 01 #1104246

Thanks for sharing

kmir

Jan 27 #1102002

Update added by user 39 minutes ago
NO RESOLUTION.
I was contacted by a Susan Monk, a compliance officer with Lyoness.
I was told to remove my "review" from pissed consumer, and then she would help me get my money back from Lyoness.I could not remove it but I did mark it RESOLVED but this was a grave mistake.
I waited for calls from this Susan Monk, but never got a call back from her. I had to call all the time to ask how things are progressing, but now She will not answer anything at all. At least have the decency to call me and inform me ether way. Susan Monk was the one contacting me, I did not contact her. In other words Lyoness don't care HOW they get their money, just as long as they get it. Now I have no choice but to go all out. How can you all in Lyoness accept this, Susan, what is wrong with you all. Don;t you have any compassion at all. How can you guys go to sleep at night knowing you are all part of this. I find this unconscionable. You could have solved this by buying whatever position I have, OR at least give me an offer.But no, you rather screw an old man, that is trying to put something together for retirement No, I am not giving up, Lyoness got my money by deceipt and I want it back Original review posted by user Sep 20, 2015 I have been taken for $ 26,400 They will not refund I have found a law firm who will finance a class action at no cost up front. They will take anywhere from % 26 to % 36 depending. If any interested please give me a
... Show more

Jan 22 #1099077

Totally agree,if anyone know how to get money back from Lyoness would be much appreciated.

1 0 Reply
ogo

Jan 17 #1096355 Kelowna, British Columbia

What drug are you on
You do not understand how it works
I get paid into my bank account
Learn your facts before spouting off

1 1 Reply

Jan 13 #1093744

pure stupidity...... Lyoness is suported by the partners (shops) that pay all related to this, and purely based on the purchases that customers do in the shops. So it can never be a pyramid.
second if u want to be a marketer its your option and noone promeses you money !!! u are told that if u work hard at it yu can obtain very good returns... if u work....
besides the format used in 2013 when this post was made has long evolved.... and yes u get real money and also some u can only spend inside the network but with 50.000 company and growing fast i can't see the problem....
cheers and if u want real info go to a newer post or try the font.... Lyoness.com cheers

1 2 Reply

Dec 21, 2015 #1081797

Lyoness is free. No scam. The premium Gold was an OPTION to reward Marketers. Absolutely no need to pay Premium. I DID NOT PAY - but I save money & earn other rewards for no risk.

3 2 Reply
PickaMajcina

Dec 09, 2015 #1076418

I've said it once, and i'll say it again. No one gives you money for nothing. That being said, everything else is TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE!

3 1 Reply

Jan 12 #1093104

All retailers in our modern world offer deals. Instead of a merchant giving you 10% - 50% off when you shop at their store, you get Lyoness cashback and shopping points. Same money as the 10% - just divied out in a different manor.
Plus the merchant gets to align themselves with the larger merchant community and you as a consumer gets to shop around and keep tallying your cashback which you can spend at a local merchant or have deposited straight into your bank account.

Dec 09, 2015 #1076170

100s of superstore and thausands of small conveinent shop could not be the scam. we have 100s of professional people joined in, gave up their day job.

2 3 Reply

Nov 19, 2015 #1066375

Thanks for sharing this information.What a rip off !

Fossa Bangali

Nov 11, 2015 #1062365 London, England

"Bangladeshi's Avoid @ All Cost"
Feel sorry for those Asian Bangladeshi's within London being forced to join these get Rich Quick Scheme, first ACN now Lyoness :(

4 3 Reply
Chris

Oct 23, 2015 #1052590

Federal Court finds Lyoness scheme NOT pyramid
UPDATE:
The Federal Court today found that Lyoness is NOT a pyramid scheme, as previously alleged by the ACCC.
This link will take you to the ACCC Media Release, issued today.
The Lyoness 'News Release' can be found at this website link: https://www.lyoness.com/au/shoppingnews/lyoness-welcomes-court-dismissal-of-accc-pyramid-scheme-case-20066

Sep 29, 2015 #1040667

Thank You for the Warning........

Sep 27, 2015 #1039870

Hello sir, Yes I agree. Lyoness is a scam! It's just too good to be true the fact that making money from a free system with partnerships with over 50,000+ merchants in over 46 countries from a free system. I was being sarcastic. How can something be a scam when it's free? and of course you can redeem cash into your bank account. It clearly states that when you have accumulated £9.00GBP you can transfer into your account in which you will receive the following Tuesday. Get your facts right sir before you attempt any false accusations. Case Dismissed.

10 12 Reply

Sep 14, 2015 #1033547

You are off. I am only at level and I have gotten cash. There are rewards that are money to be used within Lyoness. Easy, use cards for stuff I buy all the time anyway like gas or food. Get an Albertsons card and go to Albertsons and buy a VISA card and spend the money any way you want. Get off your high horse. It does work. Oh and remember the cash back? It is cash immediately right back into my bank. That includes the cash I get back from my friends spending. Not much per person but it does add up. Just a little referral bonus that I appreciate.

9 3 Reply

Aug 19, 2015 #1021809

You're a special kind of *** aren't you. And just so you know, Lyoness does give you actual money back (I know, I have received some), don't know who you actually spoke to but once I read that in the 2nd paragraph it's hard to believe anything you write after that when you get such an obvious fact wrong. And you get either 1 or 2% cashback, sometimes more depending on each individual merchant. Which doesn't sound like much but trust me, it builds up fast and you don't need to spend any money at all to get this cash back. Please actually research before pretending to know what you are saying. It's important to say I just signed up for a card, no cost to sign up, no cost ever, and I have received $30 back in less than a year with spending no extra money, just my regular shopping. They are literally giving people free money while also donating to 2 different world charities that they created. The Greenfinity Foundation, and the Child and Family Foundation. But who likes free money and donating to 2 charities at no extra cost to themselves, must be a scam. You can try to build the MLM business if you want (you can also do this without spending any money but like any MLM you can do it faster if you do) but that is completely your choice, not one that is required.

13 14 Reply

Jul 31, 2015 #1014213

Hello all, I've been researching Lyoness for the past couple weeks. I'm hoping someone who is a little more familiar with the company can help me out.
My mom was a business member with Lyoness (joined in 2012 - never understood the concept or what she was getting herself into). Some smooth talker sold her on it (they don't speak or read English so they were easy targets).
She agreed to the $3000 downpayment that was required in order to be a business member and was told she could cancel her membership and get her money back at anytime. I guess my idea of a downpayment and theirs are way off. Sounded fishy to me back then but she was so excited about it we left her alone.
My mom passed away a few weeks ago. We spoke to a couple of Lyoness people and here are our options:
1. sell the account to someone else
2. covert to marketer 2. get a discount voucher (10% on retailers) I'm so not interested in having anything to do with this "company". The person I spoke with was rude and had zero empathy. My dad feels duped. So on top of suffering from a broken heart, he feels he may never see the $3000 we could use toward some huge expenses right now. Is there anything we can do?

10 3 Reply

Aug 14, 2015 #1019302

get a lawyer...NOW!!!!!!

5 1 Reply

Oct 26, 2015 #1053815

Bye bye 3000$

2 3 Reply

1-20 of 316 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Lyoness. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Lyoness.
Filing a new complaint about
×