Lyoness - Lyoness SCAM. STAY AWAY.

Aug 12, 2013
review #438519

I am a gold member of lyoness. Lyoness is a true scam. I can responsibly tell you this. STAY AWAY FROM LYONESS. Do not ever buy gold membership. I am going to tell you why.

First of all, I just spoke with their representative on the phone. They officially confirmed to me that all the discounts that you get in a form of cash back to your account are only redeemable towards purchases through Lyoness. You will never get any real money from them. I called to find out how to withdraw the accumulations in my cash account. They said - only by purchasing vouchers. Period. This means the stories of people making large amounts of money monthly are simple lies. Anyone who states otherwise is either a dreamer or is paid by Lyoness to say so.

Secondly, if you've seen the Lyoness videos, you've noticed that there is a complicated system of units that is very hard to grasp. Why do you think these units were created? Why not just stick with good old numbers - you spend this much, you get this much in cash, this much in bonus, this much in affiliated bonus, whatever else they may offer, everything can be expressed in dollars. No! Lyoness created units for you not to think of numbers. Why? Because if you start thinking numbers, you'll be running away from Lyoness as fast as you can.

Let's translate units into dollars.

When you, being a Lyoness member, make a purchase from a Lyoness merchant, you receive a small discount (0.5% for buying from Coles Express, for example), and a larger loyalty bonus. Of course, knowing that Lyoness charges up to 10% from the merchants, no one would go for 0.5%, so they created a loyalty bonus system. tOn top of 0.5% cash (just discovered that this cash is only redeemable towards purchases from Lyoness merchants), you receive 2-3-5% of loyalty bonus that eventually forms your UNITS. Every time you loyalty bonus accumulates to $75, you get one unit of Accounting Category I (ACI). How much do you have to spend to get an ACI? If you only buy expensive things from merchants Lyoness scammed for a higher discount, you might be able to get a unit by spending $1,500.00. But if you do what Lyoness advertises – “spend money on your everyday needs, just like you always do”, the realistic number will be closer to $2,500.00 You don’t get anything by forming a unit. The first bonus of $675 Lyoness pays you is when that unit “matures”. In order to mature one unit of the Accounting Category I (ACI) and receive $675, your entire lifeline (you, people you subscribed, people they subscribed) has to make purchases for $183,750.00, provided that the your lifeline only loses 5% of the units because of the imbalances. Yes, remember that in order to mature a unit, you have to deliver 70 units under it. 35 above the centreline and 35 below. So, if you have 335 units above the line and only 34 below, your initial unit will not mature until you get one more unit below the centreline. Smart, isn’t it.

Let’s take this number for further calculations. Since you are not allowed to market Lyoness to people you don’t know, and you are only limited to your friends and acquaintances, you can organise them yourself to make large purchases collectively and realise much higher discounts without being a Lyoness member. A 10% discount on total purchases of $183,750.00, which is relatively easy to negotiate these days, is $18,375.00, not $675 generously promised to you by Lyoness.

To mature a unit of the Accounting Category II (ACII), you have to accumulate 60 units of the ACI, so multiply $183,750.00 by 60. You underline will have to spend a total of $11,025,000, to mature one ACII. All for you to receive the most generous bonus of $1,275.00 from Lyoness. When is that going to happen?

To mature an ACIII and proudly receive $2,400.00 from Lyoness. Remember, this is not real money. Only spendable within Lyoness merchant network. So, to mature an ACIII, you lifeline will have to accumulate 50 ACIIs, meaning to spend $11,025,000.00 multiplied by 50 for a total of $551,250,000.00.

To mature an ACIV, your lifeline has to accumulate 25 ACIIIs, so multiply $551,250,000.00 by 25. You lifeline will have to spend $13,781,250,000.00, and you will receive $7,200.00 from Lyoness.

Finally, to mature an ACV and receive $24,000.00 from Lyoness... Wasn't that you goal? Are you ready?... Completely ready? Sitting down, listening to the drum beat, waiting for the number?.........

To mature one ACV, your lifeline will have to accumulate 25 ACIVs, meaning they will have to spend $13,781,250.000.00 multiplied by 25 for a total of $344,531,250,000. Three Hundred Forty Four BILLION, Five Hundred and Thirty One Million, Two Hundred and Fifty thousand dollars spent by your lifeline to receive a generous bonus of $24,000. So, when do you think all your relatives and friends that are *** enough to subscribe for Lyoness membership will spend that much money if they start today?

This is 0.00000007% of a discount. Imagine yourself walking to a local retailer and asking for a 0.00000007% discount on your purchase. (Especially if the purchase is for one third of a trillion dollars) There is no way for you to get that discount without Lyoness, of course.

As internet marketers say, BUT WAIT! THERE IS MORE!

So, if Lyoness negotiates a discount of 10% with the merchants, and you only get 0.00000007%, where does the difference go? Oh, yes, you get a regular discount of about 2% that is given to you in a form of cashback and is, by the way, taxable. We are still missing about 8%. Let’s not count 0.00000007% anymore. You’ve got to be Lyoness to call it money. So, on a $344 billion dollar purchase, Lyoness pockets about 8%, which is somewhere in the vicinity of $30 billion dollars. Not that it’s going to happen. All I’m trying to illustrate is that Lyoness gets you to run around subscribing people for 0,00000007% savings (not real money) and they get 8%. Isn’t it a little bit too fat? And if you have so much free time, wouldn’t you be better off just visiting your local stationary wholesaler, buying $10,000 worth of stationary from him at a 20% discount and selling it to the same relatives and friends? You’d make a solid $2000 profit over a school season, and your relatives and friends wouldn’t call you a scammer.

Another thing Lyoness doesn't tell you is that to use their system, you, all the people you refer and all the people they refer will have to permanently change their shopping habits. Have you seen many people happily changing their good lifelong habits over a 2% discount? Well, these are the people you will have to find and subscribe to earn your pennies from Lyoness. Now, if you want to make a little more pennies from Lyoness, these people will have not only change their shopping habits, they will have to be actively running around finding others alike and subscribing them to Lyoness. What a job! What a pay!

Do you buy from Woolworth? Well, forget it. With Lyoness you only earn your bonuses if you purchase from Coles. You probably know, that in most cases you have to purchase vouchers and gift cards of the merchants you want to use before you can get any benefit from Lyoness. That means, you buy a $300 gift card from Coles, wait for a week or two for it to arrive in the mail, and then, every time you walk by your favourite produce shop that's not a part of Lyoness, you have a dilemma. You can go and buy low priced quality produce from your favourite shop or you can buy Coles *** for about 50% more, but you'll get a 2.5% discount. And you will go and buy from Coles because you've already spent this money. That's right. You've already bought the gift card. Whether you use it or not, it is your problem now. Lyoness has already made their money and Coles too.

One of the few freedoms we have left in the modern society is the freedom to buy what you want and to spend your hard earned money the way you want. You don’t vote for the Prime Minister of this country. You don’t vote on carbon tax, bank deposit levy or cigarette tax. You don’t have those freedoms. Yet you still have a freedom to vote for your favourite shop by going there and spending your money. Lyoness takes this freedom away from you. From the moment you join Lyoness, you'll be buying from merchants that pay Lyoness to be in the system. You will have one freedom less. Form many people this is their last freedom.

This all means that you will be running with your tongue on your shoulder subscribing other people (paying $1.5 for each subscription from your pocket, by the way), convincing your friends and relatives to join Lyoness in a hope to get some retirement passive income for yourself, and at the end your entire lifeline, including yourself, will realise that the system is a pure scam. It takes your freedom away; it pays pennies for major inconveniences; and a little bit more pennies for hard work of selling memberships.

Stay away from Lyoness. Spread the world about this scam.

8b3682d
1.7
Had an experience with Lyoness?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
Ric

10 hours ago California, United States

Why are you anonymous? Hey...whoever you are ... I don't to intend defending myself nor Lyoness. .. let me ask you this One question Only .. "if" MasterCard is "in relationship" with Lyoness .. do you think Master Card crazy?? My suggestion to you "anonymous" .. go finding any proof and presenting your evidence to any Merchants...such as Kohl, Target even Master Card .. you will be a billionaire "anonymous" ..!! Would you do it?! Fyi, MasterCard has worked & prepared all the details since the 18 months ago in order to be in relationship with Lyoness, "anonymous" !!

Premium member with Lyoness

Aug 20

Why are you anonymous?
Lyoness is years ahead of any similar company. I am proud to be a member and fully support them.

2 3 Reply
memorie14

Aug 20

You clearly didn't have all the right information regarding Lyoness. And still don't have. Lyoness is very complex and I agree it is quite complicated to grasp. But once you understand it corectly, you will find there is a lot positive to Lyoness. But not everybody understands everything before they sign to Lyoness. And then they have the wrong idea and get angry when they find how it really works. I was told that over a time I will be getting a passive income from Lyoness - meaning not having to do anything and get paid. But I was not given all the information and later found it required a lot of hard work before you could get to that stage. Some people are not giving all the information to potencial Lyoness members and that is wrong. They are giving Lyoness bad name by doing so..

2 5 Reply
JoJo

Aug 19

I love Lyoness but I am thinking of going to our competitor because I have to PAY $1.50 to bring in every new shopper I refer. Every other cash back program out there provides you with a FREE referral link and the ability to truly sign people up for free and get them shopping. Lyoness is NOT truly free. They make you PAY to share it. You have to pay $1.50 to sign someone up (who may not even shop later on, so it was a waste) and you have to pay $15/month for a Lyoness referral link. All other cash back programs offer this for free so I am really debating staying here. I've emailed office@lyoness.us as the other poster in here suggested but I'm afraid if I stay around I'll watch our competitors wipe us off the face of earth with their ability to duplicate because it truly is FREE to sign up in their programs and FREE to promote them. Lyoness is an impressive company but things like these cause their members to have to work three times harder than those in other cash back companies.

1 3 Reply
WesternChic

4 hours ago

I Love EVERYTHING about this great company, even the $1.50 it costs me to purchase a Cashback card for a friend, after all...... Mine was purchased for me and the help and training I have had has been no less than phenomenal!! FIRED up and loving it! Helping people and SME's is my aim and passion!
NOTE: If you WANT everything for NOTHING, then THAT is exactly what you will GET BACK!
Most of the above from ANONYMOUS is just sour grapes. Actually sounds like a someone very familiar.
Mmmmmm...........I WOnder Who or WOT??

Cathy

Aug 17

Your statements prove your total ignorance of Lyoness and the proof is that you do not even sign with your name, which shows that you cannot even stand by what you say.!

2 3 Reply
LYONESS IBR

Aug 17

Hello, I'm posting because I do like Lyoness but I'm running into MANY things that have kept Lyoness far behind some up and coming competitors. They have definitely made MANY improvements over this last year and I applaud them for that. FINALLY! But the truth is, our competitors are moving a LOT faster. I won't make a list but I want to urge anyone who loves Lyoness as much as I do to send an email to office@lyoness.us and politely ask them to change these two things for now (I have done this and they are great and will pass the message along). Doing this almost GUARANTEES change as we've seen in the past year.
1) Get rid of the absolutely ridiculous $1.50 registration fee. What sound company do you know of where it costs the sponsor money to refer? Look at eBates.com, MarketAmerica/Shop.com and Dubli (especially Dubli as I would say they're about as close to Lyoness as possible but offer less). NONE of these competitors make it hard to sign up anyone. It's FREE to refer. Lyoness claims that this $1.50 is for "admin fees". If that's the case, why in the world don't our competitors have this? This is a BIG point because it's probably the reason Lyoness hasn't hit millions of shoppers yet. Say I have a crowd of 100 to sign up in a day but I'm just starting out..It would COST me $150 in registration fees JUST to share a free cash back card..that I'd HOPE people would even use to begin with. Lyoness, let's come into the year 2014 and get rid of this registration fee. You're
... Show more

1 1 Reply
Alice

Aug 16

Everyone, click REPORT above and "infringes my rights" because this person is committing slander against this wonderful company. Lyoness has been great to me. I can't believe this person would be so selfish to try to ruin for others by taking so much time to make up utter lies about Lyoness. None of the numbers are right at all. Any genius can watch a public video on their website and figure that out in a few minutes. Once they do, they'll see you're a bitter, vile person simply here to spew hate.

4 3 Reply
Janice

Aug 16

I wasn't trying to find this post. I was actually looking for an image to share with my friends about our new car bonus. I'm going to keep this short. Lyoness works. You made the choice to put in money that you did not have to (the card is free, forever, and we always shop for free) and you didn't work the business end of it. Failed entrepreneur. I've made thousands of dollars with Lyoness. I'm not rich but thousands. Enough to pay rent, at least! Some is in the form of Lyoness cash which is as good as gold with all the merchants they have..the rest is straight to my personal bank every Tuesday..real, cold, hard cash. This business is 12 years old and backed by a few thousand corporate giants that wouldn't be willing to risk their reputation and MasterCard just formed a relationship with Lyoness..Now do you really think these companies would have anything to do with a scam? (lol) Please get real, buddy, and stop making up outright lies and trying to ruin it for everyone else. It's cash back shopping and is a lot of fun for everyone. You sound like sour grapes spewing all this unnecessary hate.

1 2 Reply
Mr Card

Aug 16

Who do you want to believe?
MASTERCARD or The gutless invisible serial Scammer, who won't put a name to his ***???
YOUR CHOICE!!

3 2 Reply
Been

Aug 14

What a load of ***. I doubted what lyoness the fist time I saw a presentation. But signed as a shopper any way. But there whereby many shops in our country yet. One year later the person who gave me the card had been paid in cash over R1200000 excludingR105000 that he had to spend at lyoness shops. So started working lyoness 2 in the last six months I have only made just over R6000 cash in my own bank account but already have people in my team (below me) that have earned more. Lyoness works end of story

2 2 Reply
Lyoness Winner

Aug 13

To all the boneheads who believe this poor misinformed serial scammers ***, please take some notice.
MasterCard has just publically announced its new partnership with Lyoness, effective November, 2014.
DO YOU THINK 'MASTERCARD' WOULD BE ASSOCIATED WITH A SCAM???

3 2 Reply
Fearfighter

Aug 07

Why do you lie? I have earned more than 20.000 $ in the first year, beside my fulltime job. On time, every week. It is free to join, it gives 2% cashback, extra benefits beside that, and the best thing of all, if you give a free membership to friends or family you get 0,5% (in two levels) of all use of the membership for the rest of their shopping life. Try to find anything better...

4 0 Reply
granparoger

Aug 04 Brisbane, Queensland

The figures used in your post are false. You mention 0.5% cashback. Almost all loyalty merchants give 2%. You say you can't get cash out. I'm a gold member and I've had hundreds of dollars paid into my bank account by Lyoness. You say that you can only register friends and family. That's just a total lie.
If anyone would like to contact me to get the true story, email me on granparoger@yahoo.com.au and use Lyoness in the subject line.
This article is a complete fabrication.

5 1 Reply
RawMan

Aug 13 Center Hill, Florida

Yes would you please take his writing and go through it line by line and say either Yes this is correct or No this is not correct, here is the way this part works.
I would greatly appreciate you doing that.
I got the impression that all he is saying is true as I asked a couple of others to do this and they said no.
Which just proves him right unless he is in fact wrong.
I look forward to you straightening out this matter for me and my friends.
David

Aug 30

David, feel free to email me and I would be happy to speak with you about it further...smerps3@gmail.com. Send over a phone number and I'll walk through it all.
- Matt

Happy Shopper with a Vision

Aug 03

Clearly this writer is very ignorant of the facts regarding the Lyoness system of payouts. I have had the opposite experiences and find the shopping in this system to be fun and enjoyable. It is sad that you didn't understand what you were doing when you paid into this inspired system which is changing the way we work as a community of shoppers.

5 1 Reply
GiacomoFollonica

Jul 31

Questo di Lyoness non ha capito veramente un tubo!
Lyoness works in a very different way! Oh my....

3 0 Reply

Jul 31

How do I closes my Lyonness account if I already have one ?

1-20 of 193 comments

×
You were reading a complaint about Lyoness.
Filing a new complaint about
×